The following pages use the 210teenlibrary Discord server's experiences to demonstrate how Discord is equipped to provide virtual library services to teens. This information is not a step-by-step guide on creating / managing a Discord server or facilitating virtual library programs for teens - instead, this information serves as a tool to assist teen-serving library staff when advocating for virtual library services for teens in their library systems and includes:
- An overview of what Discord is
- A brief history of the 210teenlibrary Discord server
- Resources for server setup & support
- Information about server invites & guidelines
- Information about performance measure reports
- Potential bots to add to a server
- And answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs)
For a front end view of how teens find out more information about the 210teenlibrary Discord server as well as how they request to join the server, visit guides.mysapl.org/210teenlibrary.
If you have any questions about the 210teenlibrary Discord server, please contact Jennifer Velasquez (Coordinator of Teen Services for the San Antonio Public Library) at email@example.com or Matthew Loaiza (210teenlibrary Discord Lead / Assistant Manager for the Teen Library @ Central) at firstname.lastname@example.org.